Wednesday, October 1, 2014

'Beautiful' a new layout for Once Upon a Sketch!

Hello girls.....

I wanted to share the layout I created for the blog Once Upon a Sketch. I was so honored to 
win the August sketch challenge which was all about the men in our lives. 
Well, the October theme is the women in our lives, and I immediately thought of my mum.

'Beautiful'


I found this photograph of my mum by the sea, and so it lead me to a nautical theme with
pretty turquoise and sand colored inks. I used some new Prima flowers, some Blue Fern Studios 
chipboards, and some new Finnabair glass beads which are finding their way onto every layout 
I've made recently;) I also added some seashells too.

Here is the wonderful sketch by one of my favorite scrappers Nadia Cannizzo....


You can find all the rules on how to enter October's challenge here....



I really love how Once Upon a Sketch tries to focus on journaling, as I think it adds so much to 
a layout. I'm awful at trying to include somewhere in my design (and I hate my handwriting ;)
So I wrote some journaling on the back about how much my mum means to me, she is a 
beautiful person both inside and out, and she has always been there for me.


Thanks for taking a look, I hope you give it a go!

Hugs, Lisa xo












5 comments:

  1. Totally inspiring! Gorgeous background and photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the softness of the layout...i love those beads...love all the composition and the background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful! Love all the MM and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Thanks for taking the time & effort of finding me:) Lizzy C & I seem to like visiting blogs & getting inspired & tend to like leaving comments:):) I do adore this one...that stripey paper seems to work sooo well with the vintage-ness of the image.....& it looks lovely up at OUAS too:):) We got there, *winks*...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning page! Love everything about it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...