Sunday, October 7, 2018

'I Heard You Singing' for Mixed Media & Art

Hello my sweet friends!
I am so honoured to be able to stay on the wonderful team at
Mixed Media & Art challenge blog for another term!
The moodboards that Olya Kravets creates are marvelous and always spark my creativity.
She is such a talented crafter and her work is amazing!

'I Heard You Singing'

 

I love vintage styled art, it melts my heart to work with time worn antique style elements.
I started with some old sheet music and added lots of Lindy's Stamp Gang
mists, stamping, an old baroque style frame, lots of flowers and le piéce
de résistance - a vintage enamel butterfly pin I found at an estate sale :)

Here is the mood board for this month:


To find out more about how to join our challenge, win wonderful prizes and 
see some of the most jaw-dropping gorgeous art check out the challenge here.

I would like to enter my project in a challenge blog called Scrap-Chip, they 
have a challenge this month to use the color brown and chipboard, here I have used 
a 2 Crafty Chipboard vine piece that I painted black and then rubbed with gold
metallic paint.


More info on this challenge here.


 Here are a few close ups:


I added some stenciling with a Prima stencil and some gloss gel, 
then I rubbed some Prima gold metallic paint to bring out the textures.




I was inspired by the colors, the moths and all the gold in our moodboard....
Sometimes I sift through all my photos to find just the right one to use,
and I found this one that I had printed of my mum and her mum,
but I had mistakenly printed over it a photo of me holding my baby boy,
and I just thought it would be neat, and the colors are perfect.




See you next month,
Hugs, Lisa xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...