Sunday, December 28, 2014

'Cozy Winter Evening'

Hello! I hope everyone is staying warm....

I saw 13 arts had a great challenge going this month and as I just recently purchased
the beautiful new winter collection, I had to join in the fun...

'Cozy Winter Evening'


As soon as I saw the colors and theme of this collection I knew I had to have it! 
I love the warm reds with the grays....I started with the paper 'Tender Morning' as my base and layered on some pieces of the paper 'Winter Letters', and then added some modeling paste through my new 13 arts masks for texture.  I was inspired by the texture and softness of the yarn. 

Here is the #25 December challenge photo inspiration....


For more info about the 13 arts challenge please go here.....


I recently saw that Once Upon a Sketch, (one of my favourite challenge blogs ever! ) was going to be no more....Nadia and her team have so much to be proud of....it was a truly inspiring and lovely way to share our work and have fun. I won the December challenge last year, and I will miss seeing all the  amazing work every month by the talented girls on that team. Even though there won't be any more new challenges, it will still be a great place to revisit, I enjoyed every new reveal, there were always some really beautiful and creative designs to get your mojo flowing.

So as a show of support I used Nadia's beautiful sketch for this last challenge entry...




I loved how Once Upon a Sketch really encouraged journalling, something I am just not that good at...
but I did write a few words on the back of this layout...
'December is always my favourite time of year...I love all the time spent with my boys and of course preparing for Christmas....baking, cooking, decorating the tree...I love it all, it always reminds me of what is truly important in my life.'


I have used the following 13 arts products:

Cosy Evening Paper - Tender Morning
Cosy Evening Paper - Winter Letters
Cosy Evening Mask - Branch & Text
Chalk Mist - Woodbine
Silver Microspheres
Silver Holographic Glitter
Gel Medium

You can find all these 13 arts products in their online shop here...


Thanks so much for looking, 
Big Hugs,
Lisa xo






13 comments:

  1. I am happy you have decided to join our challenge, because your layout is beautiful. Very warm and cosy :) Thanks for playing with 13arts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine layout! Very warming with gorgeous texture. Love the photo, too...is that you with those gorgeous knee-high socks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...totally love this page!! awesome take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooooo stunning Lisa...coming over to your blog, is always such a treat!! Love the design and your styling...as always! ;-) Hope you had a blessed and joyous Christmas! Wishing you a super creative, healthy, happy and awesome 2015 too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. No words to describe the beauty of this page. It's just AWESOME!! Brilliant, inspiring work! Thanks for joining us at 13 Arts, Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! Perfect layout, absolutely perfect!
    Thank you so much for joining us at 13@rts :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with this page! The photo is awesome. Just love the reds and grays and all the lush texture on here! I'd love for you to come play at my scrapbooking challenge, CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration...http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my Lisa, Lisa.... have you ever failed to instill wonder and awe with your beautiful artwork? This is another amazing page that just takes my breath away - so full of details and texture and yet light and elegant at the same time. Beautiful take on the photo. Thanks for joining us at 13@rts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning Lisa..... This is a really beautiful wintery page.... The detail is just amazing!!! Thanks so much for joining us at 13 Arts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredibly beautiful!!! Lisa, thank you so much for joining us at 13 Arts!!!♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sublime. Personally, if I was on the 13arts team, I'd give you the winners prize!!!! Thanks for your kind bloggy words, btw:) and of course, I am soooo gonna miss coming on by to check out your OUAS entries....& I hope that you will keep a bit of journaling up!!!! AND I think this was featured over on the FB Page??? So good on you for that, right, I must stop raving on......but I reckon I might have a play with greys..they seem to be everywhere ATM, & they really do look great:):) happy 2015!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning page, I absolutely love your work and style! Congratulations on your win, well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome! Thanks so much for joining us at 13arts!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...