Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Botanical Cards for 2 Crafty Chipboard

Hello girls :) It's my turn over at the 2 Crafty Chipboard blog to share my 
new projects. I love creating cards! They're fun quick ways to explore different
color schemes and create something that you can share.



I started with some plain cards that I covered with some scrap paper, and then some
pages from a old book. I covered the cards with a coat of clear gesso, and then some white 
gesso to create a light background, and to help my inks not seep into the paper.
I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in brown, moss green and gold, and also added
some stamping. Once my background was complete I started to build up my layers using 
some white feathers from the craft store, my chipboard pieces, some lace, and then some
Petaloo flowers.

2 Crafty Chipboard pieces used:

"Viney Page Frame"
"Frames Tiny Kathleen's"
"Card Word Set 1"
"Card Word Set 2"


I love to alter my chipboard pieces to create textures. I do this by
covering them with a messy coat of heavy white gesso then heating it with my heat
gun until it bubbles. Once that is dry, you will have a cracked bubbly surface that
gives the leaf chipboards a great natural look once you have added color. I use 
anything from watercolor paints, inks, oil pastels with a little water;
there are so many possibilities, the sky is the limit!


For the little frame and then fantastic little word sentiments I painted them lightly 
with some Prima gold paint.


Don't forget to stop by the 2 Crafty Chipboard blog here,
and leave a comment to enter the monthly drawing for a nice prize pack! 

See you soon!
Lisa xo


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...