Monday, June 26, 2017

'mum'

Hello friends, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far?
I get to stay at home with the little man today and I am hoping he lets me get crafty 
for just a little bit. I am here to share another page created with the
May kit from Scraps of Elegance called 'Mix'd Media.

'mum'


I figure there's two ways to go with these gorgeous Blue Fern Studios papers; either
go light and let the papers themselves really shine, just like I did on my last page with 
this kit, or to go really bold and crazy with the inks, which is what I did here :).
This page was looking really dull and I wasn't happy with it at all, and it 
almost landed in the trash, but I decided to go nuts with some inks and get 
colorful by adding lots of 'Vintage Photo'  ink to the background and then I added
some watercolors in teal and green to add another dimension, and in the end, I loved it.
So if you're ever in the same boat, just think: what have you got to lose? Try going bold
with some different colors and you just might be surprised :)

To find our kits online please go here,
and don't forget to check out our blog here, we have so much inspiration
for you to see how we used our amazing kits.

Here are a few details:


I used the Kaisercraft stencil and the textured sand paste on my background
and it turned out so pretty, especially if you rub a little white gesso over
it with your fingers, it really brings out the pattern of the stenciling.


I also used the Blue Fern Studios chipboard that came with the kit,
and I added a few more pieces from my stash. 
And what's a vintage layout without flowers?! I also used some pretty
Prima blooms from the Floral add On.



See you soon,
Lisa xo

1 comment:

  1. Breathtaking... Absolutely gorgeous page. Love the way you went nuts with the inks! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...