Saturday, May 5, 2018

'Splendid' for Mixed Media & Art

Greetings my lovelies!
It's my turn to share what I created with the fabulous Mixed Media & Art moodboard
for April.... -my word- I love our moodboards so much!
Always really gorgeous beautifully colored and textured photos
that immediately make me want to get messy....


'Splendid'



Words can't describe how much I love my son, he lights up my world. I decided to make
this project as a way to capture how my boy is growing into a young man.
I found an old piece of wood in a field behind my house, so I broke it into pieces,
glued it down to some cardboard, and covered it in gesso and deep blue ink.
Then I added some old worn book papers and vintage keyholes.
I created the heart shaped lock with a Finnabair mold and Prima paper clay,
colored it with Lindy's Stamp Gang spray and then rubbed some
Finnabair metallic gold paint over it.
I really like how this turned out....I have always admired 'off the page'
projects so much, and this one has really gotten me excited to do more....

Here is our moodboard and a few close ups:


For more info on this challenge, please go here, the work done by our Guest 
Designers this month is off the charts amazing....talk about inspiring!
I sat gazing over my sweet friend Elena's birdcage for quite some time...
one of the prettiest most intricate pieces of art I've ever seen....take a look here.
I hope you join us!




 As always I used my favourite inks, Lindy's Stamp Gang, I adore all 
the different colors, especially this gold.... the vintage coppery color played
so well off these deep blues...I used 'Tweedle Dee Denim', 'Afternoon
Delight Denim', and 'Bayou Boogie Gold'.


I hope you feel inspired!
Until next time,
Lisa xoxo





2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great idea to use wood as a substrate. Lots of amazing layers and textures. I can't believe Liam as grown so much.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...