Saturday, July 2, 2022

Shabby Spring journal

While I know we are in full swing of summer,
I want to share my shabby peachy Spring journal made with 
my Mother's Day and Easter cards as my inspiration.

Spring Journal


I have been so lucky finally living near a larger city that I find myself obsessed with going
to estate sales every Saturday, scavenging for treasures....I have found so many vintage linens
I have to pinch myself sometimes. Here I made a sort of fabric collage on the cover using some
of these linens that I dyed with strong tea, and then layered and stitched them together.
I love how this turned out so I have many photos.....
 
 
I added some pretty charms to the sari silk ties that bind the journal.





 I created the cover with cereal boxes cut to size and then layered with cotton batting. 
I then cut out whatever fabrics and lace that I've chosen and sew them right onto the covers.




 
Words can't even describe how much I adore vintage embroidery, whenever I find these beauties
it just makes my heart sing. I love ripping them up, sewing bits together and creating lovely 
pieces that make delicate soft pages in a book.


I try to leave plenty of spaces to sketch, doodle, write down some thoughts, or add photos.





Thanks for looking! Enjoy the sunshine!
I'll be back in August with another style of journal.
Take care,
Lisa xoxoxoxo


1 comment:

  1. Unparalleled. Wow. Just stunning. Keep them coming! That's great to get to those estate sales. I love how you incorporate fabrics into anything. You know which one to use. Great journal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...