Saturday, February 1, 2014

Through the looking glass

"Alice"


Hello friends! I bought the amazing Marion Smith papers called Mad Tea Party and knew I wanted to scrap a photo of Alice Pleasance Liddell, the little girl who is thought to be the inspiration for Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll. I thought I might enter this layout in the January Skissedilla sketch challenge, you can find their blog here, gorgeous work and a yummy prize of some Prima goodies.



I have been totally and madly in love with 7 Dots Studio papers, can you tell? (lol). I love old English authors and Lewis Carroll was a fascinating man, with an incredible imagination. I have used a mix of Prima flowers, some beautiful Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces called "Petite Windows" which I painted black, and some Kaisercraft stamps.....


If you get a chance and love vintage photos, google Lewis Carroll's photographs, they are breathtakingly beautiful....


Hope you all have a lovely creative weekend!
Lisa xo

6 comments:

  1. Lovely! I think the pink thread works beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love your project and Alice in Wonderland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a magnificent page you've created! I love the photo you've chosen to highlight here and how you've used various elements all over the page to tell its story. Really cool. The background here is gorgeous and rich with lovely texture. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Skissedilla this month! :) Scarlett

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love!Love!Love all you Works!!! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting topic and a fab page!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...