Thursday, June 28, 2018

'A garden of one's own....' for Memuaris blog

Hello dear readers, I'm back to share a page I created inspired by the brilliance of 
Virginia Woolf.

'A garden of one's own....'


I've never been great at titles but I have found a solution in these little Prima alphabet stamps...
I never can find the right materials....alphabet stickers, chipboards, word stickers?
But as I was creating this design (which turned out so much more chaotic than unusual)
this title - a little play on Mrs. Woolf's words - popped into my head.
Yes, a woman does need a space of own's own...if only to sort out the chaos,
the wonder, and the emotions we struggle with..... just as she did.

I was invited by the lovely ladies at the blog called Memuaris to be a Guest Designer.

Here is the wonderful sketch I followed:


To find out more about this challenge, please go here.

Here are some close ups:



I used the beautiful 'Tattered Walls' paper collection by Blue Fern Studios,
I just adore the vintage patterns and colors. I used two different papers
to follow the sketch and lots of watercolors and stamping.


“When, however, one reads of a witch being ducked, of a woman possessed by devils, of a wise woman selling herbs, or even of a very remarkable man who had a mother, then I think we are on the track of a lost novelist, a suppressed poet, of some mute and inglorious Jane Austen, some Emily Bronte who dashed her brains out on the moor or mopped and mowed about the highways crazed with the torture that her gift had put her to. Indeed, I would venture to guess that Anon, who wrote so many poems without signing them, was often a woman.” 
― Virginia WoolfA Room of One's Own


See you soon,
Lisa xo

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...