Saturday, December 26, 2020

'Noel' for AB Studios

 Merry Christmas to all my sweet crafty friends!
I hope everyone has had some great family time and shared the warmth of this
holiday season with those closest to you.

The 'Holly Jolly Christmas' paper set by AB Studios is full of wonderful Christmas colours 
and patterns. I especially loved the page 'December'; it has a warm vintage feel to it,
and it really inspired me to create these mixed media journal pages.



The magic of Christmas is best seen through the eyes of a child, and I always
find myself feeling nostalgic around this time of year. My girlhood memories of longing
for the excitement of Christmas day, ripping through the presents, the special family 
dinner, all the wonderful times I have spent with my parents and sisters, come
flooding back to me. All the memories I make with my child, I hope he holds dear too.
We get our portrait taken together every Christmas - he's growing up so fast -
but still counts down the days through December. 
We sang some beautiful hymns, listened to the story of Jesus, full of rebirth and 
hope for peace on earth, and prayed for a better year coming.

I used so many pretty AB Studios products here, stamps, stencils and the wonderful 
Christmas papers. I fussy cut some wreaths, and added some watercolors.

You can find AB Studios shop here: https://shop.agabaraniak.com/en/

Here are a few close ups:





I've been creating handmade journals and really enjoying recycling all kinds of papers
including plain brown paper bags - I like to messily coat them with gesso and add stamps and 
some die cut shapes - here I cut some out of the paper 'A Holly Jolly'.



THE people that walked in darkness have seen a great light. They that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulder. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgement and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this. 

                                                 Isaiah 9: 2, 6–7 


All best wishes for a healthy happy New Year to all my friends,

Love, Lisa xoxoxox


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...