Sunday, May 1, 2022

New shabby junk journal!

 Hello lovely readers, it's been so long since I posted on my blog, 
my creativity comes and goes like a breeze across the shore. 

My mind is always turning and full of ways to use vintage textiles and papers. I have been making journals for quite some time now, and I want to share some photos of them over the next few months. The first one to show is a dreamy shabby journal that I made for a very sweet, very special friend.

I created all the pages in this journal using a kit full of soft shabby pinks with wonderful bits of different fabrics and laces that my friend sent me for my birthday. I decided to try my hand using a hard cover book I that removed the insides from, and then collaged over the front and back cover.

Here are some of the signatures:






I generally use a lot of plain copy paper that I dye with coffee or tea, and then collage
onto the pages using vintage ephemera, gesso, paints, and stamps.

 


I like to leave the ends of the waxed cord that I use to bind the signatures nice and long so that I can add some pretty beads and charms. I love how they add some glittery interest and little jangle when you are browsing the book.

I love creating pages with dried flowers. When I gather them, I immediately press them between wax paper and put them in a large heavy book. Later you can add them to your pages and then seal the flowers with either clear gesso or Modge Podge.



As a final note, when it comes to ways to add a closure to the book, I thought about ways to attach some ties. 
I sewed two pieces of a thrifted blouse directly onto the book cover, and then added a glittery brooch.

Thanks for looking, and I'll be back soon with another yummy journal to share.

Take care of each other!

Hugs, Lisa xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe the timing! It has been just over 3 years since I did any mixed media... I noticed that you also seemed to take a break when I looked on your Instagram! I finished my first layout this month and wondered when Lisa would start again. I seriously thought, "wouldn't that be crazy if she decided to try and start again this month like me?"
    I AM THRILLED to see that you sat down to try again like I did. Your we so talented. 🤗

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...