Thursday, September 29, 2022

September Birthday journal

 September has always been my favourite month of the year, and not just because it's my birthday month! I have always loved the changes in the light, the air; and to me, a sense of a new beginning. I created this journal as a love letter to September (and to myself), to write down my thoughts and dreams at this beautiful time of the year. 

 

After gathering a pile of some vintage linens and a pretty deep mauve coloured skirt bought from a thrift store, I created a lot of collaged paper that I had tea dyed and inked, and then sewed some fabric scraps into signatures and also as pockets on some of the pages.

I decided on a soft fabric cover and added some lace and ribbons to tie the journal together. I handmade the flowers by taking strips of same fabric and running a long gathering stitch down the center, gathering up the strip of fabric, and then winding them into a circular flower shape. I sewed the gathered fabric together at the bottom, and then hand sewed them onto my cover. 


Here are some photos of the signatures:



I had a tiny light bulb go off in my head one night, and thought to add several strips of sari ribbon to use as a book marker, and then found this adorable little magnifying glass to add a little whimsy.  I sewed a small lace pocket on the right page so that when not in use, it can be tucked away.












Thank you for looking! I hope I have inspired all the journal makers out there.
I'll be back next month with another autumn inspired book.
 
Love, Lisa xoxoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...