Thursday, November 24, 2022

New Autumn journal

 Hello and a Happy Thanksgiving to all my American readers, and warm greetings to all those abroad! We feast on roast turkey and count our blessings on this day; family, faith, love and friends to share happy times with.
 
I wanted to share my latest book, inspired by the fiery colours of autumn, as the trees turn all sorts of warm reds, orange and gold. The size is smaller that I usually make, and I love it, it fits nicely into your hands, and can be brought along with you as you go for a walk or a drive in the countryside. It's so soft and lovely, I used some thick soft brocade and pieces of a beautiful gold and crimson Indian dress that I thrifted.

'Ode to Autumn'

 






This is a small collage I made using a vintage photograph, and little bits of the fabrics
I was using in my journal. 








I created the cover as a sort of tri-fold, where there is an extra piece of the back cover that is folded 
at the very front of the journal, or here, at the halfway point. On the under side of this flap is a 
lacey pocket to tuck a note or a photograph into.





 Many relaxing evening hours were spent ripping and sewing and piecing this journal together :)
I hope it inspires you in some way. I have most definitely found my joy in working with fabrics, 
and creating books that I will treasure over time has really brought me happiness.

Fall, Leaves, Fall

Fall, leaves, fall; die, flowers, away; 
Lengthen night and shorten day; 
Every leaf speaks bliss to me, 
Fluttering from the autumn tree. 
I shall smile when wreaths of snow 
Blossom where the rose should grow; 
I shall sing when night’s decay 
Ushers in a drearier day.
 
- Emily Brontë
 
I'll be back in December for another share, I am working in navy blues, silver and gold.

Sending many blessings your way, thanks for looking!

Hugs,
Lisa xoxoxoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...