Sunday, March 8, 2015

'I am free...' Guest Design spot at 13@rts and my very first art journal spread

Hello girls...I hope this post finds everyone well and enjoying the weekend...

I was invited by Aida and her creative team to Guest Design for their latest challenge over at 13@rts this month. The moodboard is a mixture of deep rich forest greens, gold, and black, perfect for the month of March.

'I am free....'


Well...here it is...my very first art journal spread.....When I first saw the moodboard I knew what I wanted to do. I went looking for some paper for a layout and couldn't find any that matched....I then eyed a beautiful old book that I had bought some time ago with the intention of starting to art journal, and just decided...today is the day! LOL...so be kind dear readers.....this is just a start! 

Here is the gorgeous moodboard to get those design wheels turning...


For more info on how to enter the challenge please go here.....
As you know, I love 13 @rts products so to visit their on line store please go here.....

Here are some close ups...


I started by gessoing two pages of this old book, and then added some texture with some heavy white gesso through several 13@rts masks. I used one of the masks on the two pieces of Blue Fern Studios wing chipboards before embossing them in gold. 


I then used a black watercolor pencil to draw some large circles and then went over them with a little water...I love this effect. Now I know why I want those new Prima watercolor pencils so badly....


I used a photograph of Frida Khalo, a famous Mexican painter who used creating art to help her cope with her life's tragic circumstances. 


After the gesso was dry I applied several different color of 13 @rts mists with a paintbrush, added some stamping, and then used 13 @rts gel medium to apply some gold micro beads.


I know I will be doing more in my art journal, it was fun! 
I hope I have inspired a little today to just go ahead and try.....
Thanks for taking a look, 
I appreciate every visit so much....

Lisa xo









8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa! You ROCKED your first art journal pages, my friend! You used the mood board to perfection here. Who is the beautiful woman in the photo? I absolutely love her image and how you used it here. Simply gorgeous!!!!! I hope all is well with you - HUGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW if this is the start. what an amazing start! I really love it.. love textures the circles and the flowers.. a very creative 2 pages in your new art journal.. I am looking forward to seeing more.. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG Lisa, this is breathtaking. You are one super uber talented lady. LOVE this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa this is totally amazing but I think everything you do is! You were born to do mixed media and I love the images you select to highlight your work. Keep inspiring us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa this is totally amazing but I think everything you do is! You were born to do mixed media and I love the images you select to highlight your work. Keep inspiring us! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say Lisa, this is SO Amazing!!!! I'm in awe of these pages!!! Thank you so very much for the inspiration.
    Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...