Tuesday, March 24, 2015

'once upon a time'

Good evening crafty ladies....I am back to share another layout I created over the weekend...

This one has a very romantic feel to it inspired by tales of girls 
locked in a tower yearning to be free....

'once upon a time'


I saw that several of my favourite Greek scrapper girls are on the design team at Scraps'n'Pieces, a great Greek challenge blog, and when I saw that this month's challenge had a fairytale theme, I just knew I wanted to create something with my 'Cold Country' papers with a kind of gothic look to it.

Here is the moodboard...


and the sketch...


For more info on this month's challenge please go here...
and to see all the beautiful work and great tutorials please go here....

I used different colors than the moodboard, but followed the sketch, 
I just moved it over to the middle a bit. 
Here are some close ups....


I used my new Finnabair diamond stencil (I can never have enough of new stencils) to create a diamond pattern in the background, and while the gesso was still wet, sprinkled on some Prima glass beads, then added some stamping.


I also used some Blue Fern Studios chipboard pieces of the diamond panel and this great lock piece. I embossed them with Ranger silver embossing powder and then went over them with some black paint and microbeads trying to make them look old and weathered.


I added some of my new Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays in Hydrangea Blue, Pop Rock Purple, Whale Watch Blue and Midnight Rendezvous Raven to highlight some of the colors from the photo.


See you next time...
Lisa xo









16 comments:

  1. SIGH!!! You are so incredibly talented xx LOVE the blue and silver. Aren't these just the BEST papers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...this is absolutely impressive in any way I can think of !!! The feeling of mystery and beauty came out of your childhood fairytales and is imprinted brilliantly on your page !! Amazing....
    Thank you so much for your kind words and for joining us at Scraps n Pieces challenge blog !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a pleasant surprise to see your amazing work on our blog Scraps N Pieces! Thank you very much for visiting and playing along with us, I really appreciate it! Your page is absolutely gorgeous (as always) and I love all the details, the colors, the photo and how you placed the title! Pure beauty! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome layout!! Love the emotion on this one

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. Nothing less than pure beauty.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at SNP, Lisa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! This is stunning! I love it to bits!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pure perfection...the colors, the details, the feeling that comes out of it...Thank you for sharing with us at SnP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! I can almost feel the princess locked away, her feelings, her thoughts, her hopes of freedom and love in the form of a handsome prince! Amazing details! Thank you for joining us at Scraps n Pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved every centimetre of this LO! Such an emotional and beautiful LO!!!!! Thank you so much Lisa for playing with us at SNP challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love love this lisa..gorgeous work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous gorgeous page Lisa! I love what you did with the chipboard and micro beads!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous gorgeous page Lisa! I love what you did with the chipboard and micro beads!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...