Monday, March 30, 2015

'take flight' a new lo for Scraps of Elegance

Hello girls....I hope everyone has had some good crafty time this weekend....

I have a question for you....does anyone scrap late at night? I stayed up Saturday night creating this layout and was loving all the gritty texture and messy colors I had achieved ....but it was late, the light in my little studio is not great....and I literally gasped when I went to go look at my creation in the morning light...
it was so crazy and dark with mediums, splashes of color....
so......I can't decide if I love it? or if it's terrible!!?! ?

'take flight'



I started with the Prima paper in March's Scraps of Elegance kit called 'Forever' from the 'Timeless Memories' collection which already has a dark ancient stone looking pattern to it and decided I was going to go with the feel of the paper and try something with a lot of texture, like an old peeling plaster wall, and a really masculine theme. I decided to use a Blue Fern Studios chipboard piece that looks like a round medallion so I used that first as a stencil with some heavy gesso to create some patterns around the page , and then embossed it in copper and used it to add interest underneath my flowers.

Here is the amazing March kit full of new Prima and 7 Dots Studio 'Thoughts Keeper' papers...


This kit is named after my team mate Anna Rogalska...I am such a huge fan of her elegant, 
ultra-feminine work, please visit her blog here.
For more info on how to buy Scraps of Elegance kits please go here....

I used a sketch I found on a gorgeous Russian blog I just recently found called Scrapogoliki...
Here is the sketch....
Please go here to see this sketch challenge and great blog for inspiration.




I used some of my favourite Lindy's Stamp Gang mists in blue, bronze, brown, and black with a paintbrush, and the Prima 'Two' and 'Dot Grunge' stamp that came with the kit. 
This is one of those layouts that kind of had a mind of it's own...lol.


This is the first time I have tried Finnabair's Gold Mica Powder 
and I love how it shimmers in the sunlight.


This is a photograph of my Grandfather George (second from left) with his fellow RAF servicemen during World War II, and the inspiration behind this grungy mixed media explosion...

Thanks for taking a look....I think next I'm on to a light and airy lo...something with pink perhaps? 

Hugs, Lisa xo












12 comments:

  1. Wowwwwwwwwwwww!!!! Magic!!! I realy love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh goodness.... I LOVE this layout!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this layout is beautiful. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that yummy background details!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! You sound like me....OTT full of STUFF on a LO simply 'has' to be followed with something CAS next....gotta be some balance in life, right???!!!! I don't think it's too dark at all. I think it's perfect! Love the little pops of yellow in there....& the texture really does remind me of old peeling buildings! So Obv working late at night works for you. Me, I'd be headfirst asleep in the texture paste!!! Make an interesting pattern I daresay, LOL....!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me? Every page you do is pure magic! You have got that touch where everything turns to gold! I LOVE this page! L.O.V.E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm on the LOVE it side as well! It is a little darker and grungier than you usually do, but by no means less stunning! Your texture and sense of colour is always divine. So great for you to have such a fantastic piece of memorabilia to scrap as well. How special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lisa, your layout is absolutely fantastic! Even can't imagine how you do this mixed-media miracle)
    thanks fro playing with us, Scrapogoliki

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely marvelous! All the texture and detail are simply amazing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Thank you from Scrapogoliki!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL...I often scrap late at night too and then when I look at it in the morning...the colouring is never quite like I rememer it! But I love this and it's certainly not terrible and it's perfect for a masculine page! Really stunning with the textures and details! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...