Friday, September 19, 2014

'52' A new layout for Evolution-Scrap

Hello! The weekend is almost upon us....Are we all dreaming of some scrap-time?
I know I am....I spend all week daydreaming of colors, photos, paints.....

I was asked by the lovely girls at a brand new Russian blog called Evolution-Scrap to be a Guest Designer as part of their very first challenge called 'My Personal Style'. They wanted me to create something that really shows my favourite style and techniques so I printed another beautiful black and white photo and let my imagination go....

'52'


I used some of my favourite papers from 7 Dots Studio, a new Prima stencil, some Finnabair glass beads, and some chipboard from Blue Fern Studios to create a backdrop for my photo by Lewis Carroll of the Liddell sisters, Lorina, Edith and Alice. 


Some of you may have noticed that I am in love with a lot of Russian scrappers...There are some that scrap in such a unique way, very light and ethereal, and others that have 'old-world' style that I really admire with lots of rich textures, ribbons, laces, pieces of twine, twigs, doilies, flowers, all wrapped up together and styled so beautifully. Although Google translation can be tricky (or downright hilarious) I found reading what the girls at Evolution-Scrap had to say about their new blog to be so creative and enthusiastic, and really shows how passionate they are about creating a place to inspire others and to share our 'art'. 

Here are a few closeups of my layout....






Thanks so much for letting me share!
Hope you all have a wonderful, creative weekend....

Hugs, Lisa xo






10 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love the delicate addition of the beads. Your composition and use of colour is always divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lisa this is just gorgeous. I love the colours and beautiful design. The beads just created another dimension. Such inspiration here on your blog. Just love your projects xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous page, Lisa! I love that photo so much! You scrapped it beautifully and it really shows off your amazing, creative, and wonderful scrap style! I just LOVE it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layout, Lisa! I agree with you on the Russian scrappers as well as most of the Polish scrappers too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply stunning!! Love the purple and all you amazing texture and details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!!!!! Yes, this is Lisa style .......I love it!!! fantastic colour, beautiful background...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you about the Rusiian scrapper, they are amazing but you know what? ......... so are you xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful...love the purple and the amazing details..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So absolutely gorgeous! Love this and the styling so amazing! Congrats on the GD spot and agree with you...the Russian ladies do have an amazing styling and such alight touch, which I would give my eye teeth for!!!!!! You certainly have that light touch too and I really love your work! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...