Monday, September 15, 2014

'May Russell'

Hello lovelies!
Hope you are all well....I have a new challenge for you to start out the week.....

The girls at Scrap Africa were so kind to invite me to be a Guest Designer for their new challenge with a vintage theme. Well, you all know this is 'right up my alley' so I was so pleased and honoured
 to create something for them....

'May Russell'


Here is some info about the challenge today at Scrap Africa...

Welcome to Monday and I hope that you had a super, restful weekend.

Today is the start of a new challenge and it's a vintage theme!


Create a card, layout or OTP project in vintage theme!
We would love to hear your stories and journalling about your projects too, so please be sure to share that with us too! ;-)

I saw this image on Pinterest too and thought I must share it! ;-)



I found these vintage photos on line here, and I was totally fascinated. They are photos of people being booked for committing a crime.....Who are these women? What brought them to be arrested? The stories they could tell......
I chose this lady named May Russell, but there are so many photographs in this collection that are just captivating to look at. Even in their sad disheveled state, these women are beautiful.


I used some gorgeous vintage papers from Prima's Time Traveler collection together with some bits of an old magazine from my stash, love the effect that vintage ephemera gives my layouts. I love my designs to look like old tattered and worn pages from an old diary with lots of textures and paints.
I also used some Prima flowers, Prima metal trinkets and some Blue Fern Studios 
chipboard pieces (the key and keyhole) that I painted white and gold.


Thanks so much for taking a look, and I hope you have found a little inspiration 
to dig out some old family photos and join in the challenge!

Until next time, hugs, Lisa xo




9 comments:

  1. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the way how you treat vintage, mixing vintage and modern - i don't like typivcal 'vintage' projects whisch are trying to look ancient, because they never really look ancient... gosh too much wine, i hope it's clear what i am trying to say

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning, love the dark background and the details are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So gorgeous page Lisa!!!! Great colors!!!! Love all details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOve this vcombination of vintage photos and modern mixed media technique.Your splatters look amazing!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I have never seen such a wonderful creation on a black background....every detail is to the finest...its beautiful!!...I also visited that link and those people don't look like they committed a crime really??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page is just amazing...and I am so intrigued to read about May Russell! I will definitely pop over and have a look and a read! Your styling and layers and everything...is just so perfect....really amazing! I was so thrilled that you Guest Designed for us....and I really do appreciate it to! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have said it umpteen times before and will keep on being a parrot; your work is simply AMAZING Lisa! love to discover all the layers and glorious details of your pages. Always finding inspiration wherever I look. This is such a fabulous page! Creating on black background takes real skill and you've got it by the bucket! Have a fantastic weekend sweetie! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this up at Scrap Africa this month and so happy they have you as a Guest designer this month. I loved this layout when I saw it up there. I love the vintage them and it is perfect. Love the kind of grungy undertone to this vintage layout too really knocks things up. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What on honour to have you GD at Scrap Africa this month with this outstanding page. The complex layering and attention to detail is truly outstanding. I'm so inspired by your Art. Thank you :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...