Friday, September 5, 2014

Sweet

Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by....

I wanted to share my layout I created for the Scrap the Boys September challenge....

'Sweet'


The challenge this month is to scrap our boys with a 'Domesticated' theme...cooking, cleaning, in the kitchen etc. I went digging through some photo albums and found these photos of Liam making cookies...so...sweet!

You can find the more info about the challenge here...please check out all the wonderful design team work, there are so many talented ladies on the team, each with their own unique style. And there are some great prizes to be won!

Here are a few close ups...



After I had printed these photos I saw they were so dark I was really stuck as to which direction to go with them. The very next day I received a beautiful box from Prima, the monthly kit they are offering and I was so happy to see it was jam-packed full of gorgeous papers and embellies, what an incredible bargain! I highly recommend it. This month's kit it was full of Engraver and Printery, two of my favourites. So as soon as I saw this gorgeous Engraver paper with all the lovely words that fit my photos,  I knew what to do! The paper is so bold, the only way to go is to get messy! 


I used some Blue Fern Studios chipboard called 'Heart Panel' that I embossed in copper, and also used one called 'Sweet Dreams' that I painted white. All the gorgeous Prima flowers came from the 'Special Delivery' box which I thought all the rich browns and creams kind of reminded me of chocolate? I love to bake with my little boy ;)

So thanks for looking, you have until the end of this month to enter...
Let's scrap our boys! 

Hugs, Lisa xo




7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! Love all the background details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing Boy Layout!! Love the touch of copper.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing page! I am always afraid to use papers with bold background but you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, Lisa. This is such a fabulous page. I love what you did with the background. You managed to make it look uncluttered and absolutely beautiful. Those photos of Liam making cookies are so sweet and precious and PERFECT for this challenge! Beautiful work, as always, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning and so inspiring!! Love the design, background, and touches of copper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page....love these colours....love the chippies that actually look rusty! Your flower clusters ae amazing too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...