Tuesday, September 9, 2014

'tell your story'

Hello girls! I hope everyone is having a great week so far.....

We are in the middle of a heat wave and the muggy heat is making me long for autumn.....
Soon enough I suppose....but I love it when the air is crisp and cool...

So today is exciting, the lovely ladies over at Paperdvizhnik have invited me to be this month's Guest Designer. What an honor as I am always in awe of the gorgeous work on their blog. Their sketches and challenges never fail to spark an idea in my head!


'tell your story'


So one of my favourite artists of late is Rulya, you can find her blog here. She creates a lot of the sketches on Paperdvizhnik and I adore her style. I tend to lean to the 'more is more' philosophy...(just one more flower, one more splash of ink! lol) where Irina seems to me of the 'less is more' mind set. There are fewer design elements on her layouts, but they are so well done, and so powerful in their simplicity, that they are always stunning.  
Here is one of her layouts that I think is just all kinds of beautiful.....


I wanted to keep my layout simple and fresh and not too busy, but keep some of the 
vintage touches that I love so much.


The challenge is to use this color palette......


My take is to use a much softer color scheme.  I used some Lindy's Stamp Gang mists and some Blue Fern Studios chipboard that I altered a bit with crackling medium, mist and gold paint.


It's always fun to try to step outside your own 'box' and be inspired by another artist that you love.....
I hope you find a little inspiration here today to try something different....;)

Until next time...

Hugs, Lisa xo





10 comments:

  1. Divine! I love your soft take on the colour combination. Truly beautiful. And yes, I would agree, Irina does beautiful work as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details and the color in your layout lisa...its stunning...and you are so gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the soft and detailed background....so amazing! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!...I love the soft colour.....your background is beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisa! Rulya's layout is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it here. And yours is well, just absolutely gorgeous. I love your background and your "more is more" philosophy, too! You used the colors beautifully. And congratulations on the guest design spot - they are very lucky to have you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your page....so soft, so beautiful. Simple yet there are so many lovely understated little details of pattern, texture and colour blending. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on another GD spot! those chicks sure know how to inspire and so do you! this is such a gorgeous page, like Gayle says - simple yet so full of subtle elegant and delicate details. Absolutely adore this one too! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo hoo.... another GD spot. So nice to see your work all over the place. Such a lovely soft feminine layout. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa! Your LO is a wonderful!
    Thank you!!
    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...